Geographical mapping and modeling are undergoing a dramatic change due to the availability of drones to carry high-quality sensors and to greatly reduce time, money and resources required to collect imagery and produce high-quality 3D maps and models.
UAS/Drone Mapping & Modeling Certification – Sacramento, CA (June 10-11, 2023)
Deposit Option: Pay $300 today to reserve your training spot with the balance due 14 days prior to your class date.
This 2-day course introduces students to the use of drones in the field of mapping and modeling. This sector is undergoing a dramatic change due to the availability of drones carrying high quality sensors that greatly reduce time, cost and resources required to collect imagery and produce high-quality 3D maps and models. Industries with rapidly growing demand include land survey, construction, aerial inspection, mining, roofing and engineering to name a few.*
This 2-day certification course includes:
- Introduction to mapping and modeling concepts
- Aerial photogrammetry
- Applying Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes
- Quality control & best practices
- Overview of current aircraft, camera and sensor platforms
- Overview of popular data processing software platforms and functions
- Selecting aerial platforms based on cost, capabilities and type of data products
- Autonomous flight versus manual and hybrid flight profiles
- Understanding RTK, PPK and GCP’s
- Conducting a hands-on aerial mapping & modeling project
- Dronitek Drone Flight Academy Graduation Certificate
* FAR Part 107 knowledge highly recommended for enrollment
There are no reviews yet.